Sunday, October 10, 2010

approaching 7 weeks

Day 47 on this PAO journey. It's 10-10-10 and 90 degrees here in Indianapolis. Where did you go, Autumn?

Went to church today and rode the recumbent bike while watching the Colts beat the Chiefs today! I paid for it, though, as I came with a shooting pain down the left side of my left quad. I've been icing for some time now.

Altogether, I know and feel I am getting stronger. The days begin to feel more normal. I return to work for half days starting tomorrow. I can now drive myself around and feel infinitely more independent. I am moving slowly, and taking small steps toward independence slowly. My body tells me I have to. I'm thankful I have not resorted back to my heavy meds even when the pain is intense. Starting Wednesday, I can bear 50 lbs. of weight on my left leg. I am anxious to begin PT and do believe the recumbent bike has helped to keep my stamina and strength throughout this healing period.

As I return to Outreach, Inc. tomorrow, I know I will require more sleep and longer periods of rest. Stress can manifest itself in my body so easily; I will need to "listen" to stress indicators and respect the weaning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment