Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 28

It's Tuesday, September 21, 2010 and the official start of Autumn is TOMORROW, September 22 at 11:09pm ET! Fall is by far my favorite season of all. But, it's also 94 degrees in Indianapolis today--a record high.

Oh, and also, I'm 4 weeks into my recovery and week 5 starts today! Hallelujah!

Can you tell I'm counting down the days to normal life again?

I'm in the same couch position where I've written most of these posts, but feeling dramatically different than I was a few weeks back.

I am down to taking pain meds every 7 or 8 hours and my range of motion continues to improve. My swelling has decreased but is still evident. I still ice most of the day.

I hope I'm healing in ways I need to be; I have my post-op visit next Wednesday and look forward to seeing progress. In the meantime, Giada and "John Adams" have kept me good company.

The emotional load feels heavy still. I am severely dependent on others for almost all of my needs (though I've made major strides--getting my own breakfast, getting out of bed on my own, and even putting on socks when I'm sitting at the right angle!) and this is a hard and yet necessary reality. I wake each day in hopes that I will use a given hardship as a time of reflection and drawing near to God. When hope feels far away, I can spiral into negativity and wonder if this will ever come to an end:

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. Phillipians 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment