Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Place






We have entered the fourth week of recovery and glad for this approaching marker. I had intensified amounts of pain this past weekend as I think I crutched around more than I should have. Simply moving in and out of the house to the front porch and back can still take my breathe away, but I feel my energy rising again and we're hopeful for good days ahead.

I am "dressing free" as Clohisy's nurse Madelyn has given me permission to strip the wound from all the dressing and let it begin to heal.

When you are forced homebound for an entire month, you count on the small wonders to keep you oriented. Here are a few pictures of my "place": peonies in bloom, my anti-gravity chair, a picture of Grandma and I a few days before she went to heaven, and then, a few pictures from a surprise anniversary trip Nate and I had the week before surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment