Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 17

It is hot and humid in Indianapolis today. I'm longing for days at poolside and hopeful Dr. Clohisy, when I see him next, will tell me my wound is ready to be in the pool and beginning water therapy. On June 14th we'll make the trek back to St. Louis for our one month post op check-up. I'm anxious to see the xrays and to know if my bones are growing back in as we hope.

Regarding medication, we are weaning off of hydrocodone so as to not have it become habit-forming. I only take it at night right now which means I'm pushing through greater pain during the day. My left side is beginning to feel the full effects of weight bearing...because it's unhealed from the last surgery, my nerve pain and joint pain are difficult and yet manageable most days.

I continue on my mobility machine each day and we're hopeful this will help avoid scar tissue. I have much scar tissue from my last surgery so we're glad to have this option this time around.

I am angsty and ready to "fly this coop" but I know my orders (one month home bound) and we've surrendered to them. My front porch is my haven and though the humidity is present, I'm grateful the sun is out this week. It helps keep spirits alive.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are doing well! You do not have too much longer till you are unleashed in Indy! I love the dysplasia x-ray pic you have! Nice touch of using a dog's x-ray, so funny!

    ReplyDelete